[GEMPAK #EWW-793132]: question about running gempak's with crontab

Gustavo,

I have not logged on to your system, and do not
know what you script looks like. However, in general,
to run a script from crontab, you need to ensure that the script
sources the Gemenviron environmental variables needed for
the GEMPAK environment and PATH.

Also, when running from cron, the script will execute in the
users HOME directory unless you "cd" to a specific working
directory within your  script.

When generating output, the GF device driver will need an X11 server
to connect to for creating an image (a virtual Xvfb can be used).
If you wish to generate gif format output without an X11 server,
then use the GIF devce driver instead of GF.

If you have other problems, please send the log output of your contab execution
with the script in question.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> address@hidden
>
> Dear Unidata's staff,
>
> thank you for your help for installing
> again Unidata´software. I think you
> were working with Guillermo Odone.
>
> I'm trying to run some of our scripts.
> We use the crontab. The account is gempak.
> Because of a reason
> I don't know more of our scripts are no running.
> (with our old version 5.9.1 it did work).
>
> Let's see one of them. This is:
>
> /home/gempak/gpitt/arg_super.exe
>
> By running it directly from a session it works
> all right, from the command line; wiht the crontab doesn't.
>
> I've checked it but by the moment it don't realize if
> there is an error.
>
> Can you please see it and check it? Maybe you
> understand where there is a mistake or some thing like
> that.
>
> Thank you in advance. Best regards,
>
> Gustavo Pittaluga

Ticket ID: EWW-793132