[GEMPAK #AJO-748565]: GEMPAK - Possible problem with 5.10 decoder

Steve,

Yes, when the program starts up the first time, you see what is the default
settings from gemglb.nts, so your "display" or "list" command after changing
the settings
is needed to see what you have.

First, I see that you have an error from your "tail" command. Linux has GNU's
tail
command which you need to use "tail -n +8" rather than "tail +8". The Gnu tail
man
page gives that option, so that is one big difference from your Solaris
environment, and from your gensfc script you sent, would mean that
yesterday's file isn't getting catted out to the file that you
processed with "gemfmt". Apparently GNU changed the usage of the command a few
revs back.

I took your gensfc script and set the date to be 2Z today, and removed where
you had hardcoded
set HOUR=0. I ran this on our Linux FC7 machine and got the 22Z yesterday
through 2Z today times.

Give that a whirl and see what you find.

Stev Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi Steve
>
> I put a display command in before the "r" so that it will print out the
> parameters before executing. Everything look OK from what I can see. So
> I don't know why there isn't any output file for yesterday (sfcdat2.dat)
>
> So at least it is processing with they correct parameters. The all .gem
> files are a complete file of 24 of data so I don't know why it isn't
> output any stations.
>
> What do you think
> Steve
>
> rad2 bin]$ source gensfc
> Start time Wed Oct 10 00:00:10 UTC 2007
> rm: cannot remove `sfcdat.dat': No such file or directory
> today /h/data/global/sdc/MPMM5/data/gempak/data/surface/20071010_sao.gem
> /h/data/global/sdc/MPMM5/data/gempak/data/surface/20071009_sao.gem
> olddate is 20071009
> processing yesterday 20071009
> sflist time 2000-2359 file
> /h/data/global/sdc/MPMM5/data/gempak/data/surface/20071009_sao.gem
> SFFILE    Surface data file                 $GEMDATA/HRCBOB.SFC
> AREA      Data area                         WV
> DATTIM    Date/time                         LAST
> SFPARM    Surface parameter list
> SKYC;TMPF;WSYM;PMSL;;DWPF;BRBK
> OUTPUT    Output device/filename            T
> IDNTYP    STNM or STID                      STID
> Parameters requested: SFFILE,AREA,DATTIM,SFPARM,OUTPUT,IDNTYP.
> GEMPAK-SFLIST> GEMPAK-SFLIST> GEMPAK-SFLIST> GEMPAK-SFLIST>
> GEMPAK-SFLIST> GEMPAK-SFLIST> GEMPAK-SFLIST> SFFILE    Surface data file
> /h/data/global/sdc/MPMM5/data/gempak/data/surface/20071009_sao.gem
> AREA      Data area                         DSET
> DATTIM    Date/time                         2000-2359
> SFPARM    Surface parameter list
> STNM;SLAT;SLON;SELV;WCOD;TMPC;DWPC;PMSL;DRCT;SKNT;STIM;CHD1;CHD2;CHD3;VS
> BY;P01I;P03I;P06I;P24I
> OUTPUT    Output device/filename            F/sfcdat1.dat
> IDNTYP    STNM or STID                      STID
> GEMPAK-SFLIST> Parameters requested:
> SFFILE,AREA,DATTIM,SFPARM,OUTPUT,IDNTYP.
> GEMPAK-SFLIST> GEMPAK-SFLIST>processing today 0000-059 file
> /h/data/global/sdc/MPMM5/data/gempak/data/surface/20071010_sao.gem
> SFFILE    Surface data file
> /h/data/global/sdc/MPMM5/data/gempak/data/surface/20071009_sao.gem
> AREA      Data area                         DSET
> DATTIM    Date/time                         2000-2359
> SFPARM    Surface parameter list
> STNM;SLAT;SLON;SELV;WCOD;TMPC;DWPC;PMSL;DRCT;SKNT;STIM;CHD1;CHD2;CHD3;VS
> BY;P01I;P03I;P06I;P24I
> OUTPUT    Output device/filename            F/sfcdat1.dat
> IDNTYP    STNM or STID                      STID
> Parameters requested: SFFILE,AREA,DATTIM,SFPARM,OUTPUT,IDNTYP.
> GEMPAK-SFLIST> GEMPAK-SFLIST> GEMPAK-SFLIST> GEMPAK-SFLIST>
> GEMPAK-SFLIST> GEMPAK-SFLIST> GEMPAK-SFLIST> SFFILE    Surface data file
> /h/data/global/sdc/MPMM5/data/gempak/data/surface/20071010_sao.gem
> AREA      Data area                         DSET
> [...]

Ticket ID: AJO-748565
Department: Support GEMPAK