[GEMPAK #DJS-141468]: Upper air station model tendencies not plotting

Art,

The $GARPHOME/gempak/upa_parms.c routine has always had "BLNK" in that
position, so it is
nothing new with GEMPAK 5.10.3. There is no tendency data in the upperair
bulletins being broadcast,
so don't know what the developers were thinking there, but there is no
capability to
calculate tendency. In surface data, the 3 hour pressure tendency is a reported
quantity- not one that is calculated from different times. Maybe they thought
that some
of their case studies would use that at some point.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi...
>
> I'm using garp from the gempak 5.10.3 release to plot upper air data in
> station model format with height tendencies plotted but they are not
> plotting.  Am I overlooking something or is this a bug?
>

> Thanks...
>
> Art
>
> Arthur A. Person
> Research Assistant, System Administrator
> Penn State Department of Meteorology
> email:  address@hidden, phone:  814-863-1563

Ticket ID: DJS-141468
Department: Support GEMPAK