Re: [gembud] nex2gini navigation errors in GEMPAK

John,

When creating a GINI format product, the projection and data area have
to be compatible with the GINI projection model- eg, when using an LCC
projection,
you have to specify a tangent cone and not a secant cone (eg angle1 ==
angle3)
since GINI itself only supports that special case.

Also, the lat/lon boundaries have to be representable to the precision
of numbers
that can be expressed in the GINI header. If you attempt to create a
boundary where the computed DX and DY of the pixel are not compatible,
your image projection will
be shifted. The example in the help for nex2gini provides an example of
a valid region:
        GRDAREA  = 23;-120;47.2634;-63.5664
         PROJ     = lcc/40;-100;40
         KXKY     = 4736;3000