[GEMPAK #NYZ-693283]: NMAP2 data displayed from multiple SAO files

Michael,

You should not have the same time in two different files of the
same data alias.

The dcmetr decoder uses an output file name template so that it can
assign the correct date/time to the correct file name. By default,
I provide the dcmetr template using daily output files,
so the dcmetr action uses "-m72 YYYYMMDD". The maximum number
of times of 72 allows for data binning into 20 minute blocks.

If you want hourly data files, use a file template of YYYYMMDDHH
so that the decoder can correctly determing the correct output file name
so that you don't have 13Z data in a file named 12Z. You really do want
the decoder determining the correct file date/time for the template rather than
trying to create a patter/action based on either the WMO bulletin time,
or system clock time since the decoder is able to do QC based
on the information within the bulletin, whereas the LDM knows nothing
inherent about the data trying to be stored by any decoder.

The NMAP2 time selection uses the file naming template to determnine
what date/times should be in a file, and therefore the 13Z data shouldn't
be looked for in a 12Z file- otherwise it would be much slower to look in every
file for every time.

If you are having trouble setting up your LDM pattern actions, see
$NAWIPS/ldm/etc/templates/pqact.gempak_decoders.in, or send me details
of how your data is being decoded.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> I am having problems displaying (in NMAP2) all data stored in our SAO
> files that seems to stem from the fact that data for a given time (e.g.
> 1300)
> may appear in an earlier named file. The NMAP2 seems to display only the
> data in the file that corresponds to the time selected. For example, the
> files
> 2007090712_sao.gem and 2007090713_sao.gem have data from 1300,
> but NMAP2 will only display the data contained in 2007090713_sao.gem.
> I tried adjusting the SUBCAT datatype.tbl entry for METARs to be SCT_SHP
> rather than SCT_SFC, but that did not help. My current entry for
> METARs are:
>
> > METAR        $GEMDATA/surface
> > YYYYMMDDHH_sao.gem                               CAT_SFC  SCAT_SHP
> > 10   2880     -1      OFF/0/0      4
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Michael E. Splitt
> + Adjunct Faculty: Florida Institute of Technology
> + Research Associate: Florida Institute of Technology
> Phone: 321-674-8970 Cell: 321-427-5424
> Email: address@hidden
> Mail:  Department of Marine & Environmental Systems
> Florida Institute of Technology
> 150 W. University Blvd.
> Melbourne, FL  32901

Ticket ID: NYZ-693283