[GEMPAK #IXU-136357]: gempak5.10.3 make problems with CentOS 5 and PGI 7.0-7

Neil,

Please use gfortran or g77 which I can support.
I set up a pgi test several years back, but the runtime
environment was not able to handle multiple file openings,
so I cannot support that compiler as it encounters runtime errors
rather than compiler time errors. I do not have a pgi environment to
test further,

The initial problem I see in your make.out is the inability to handle the
uchar_t
in building melbufrunder $NAWIPS/extlibs, so gpmap and
nmap2 will fail as well for linking against the melbufr library. If you
can tell your pgcc compiler to be C99 compliant, you could try that, but again,
you may not have luck with executables.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Maybe some of it has to do with CentOS 5 not having /usr/X11R6/lib and
> /usr/X11R6/include -- it's all installed in /usr/lib and /usr/include!
>
> For that maybe I could put symlinks in /usr/X11R6 for lib and include
> that point to where the stuff actually is, huh?
> -Neil
>
> Neil R. Smith                 address@hidden
> Comp.Sys.Mngr.                        (979)845-6272
> Dept. Atmospheric Sciences/Texas A&M University
>

> Unidata User Support wrote:
> > Neil Smith,
> >
> > Your Ticket has been received, and a Unidata staff member will review it
> > and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this new Ticket. Please
> > make sure the Ticket ID remains in the Subject: line on all correspondence
> > related to this Ticket.
> >
> >     Ticket ID: IXU-136357
> >     Subject: gempak5.10.3 make problems with CentOS 5 and PGI 7.0-7
> >     Department: Support GEMPAK
> >

> > Please let us know if we can be of further assistance,
> >
> > Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: IXU-136357
Department: Support GEMPAK