[GEMPAK #UVJ-856114]: question

> OK, so this probably seems like an incredibly noob-ish question, but I'm
> still quite new to gempak/etc. so here it goes:  I want to get archived
> lightning data, but I'm not sure how to produce it.  I have an LDM
> successfully running, and some gempak scripts that someone else wrote,
> but beyond that I'm kind of clueless.
>
> Thank you for your time and patience with my ignorance :-)

Chris,

The LDM is designed to deliver real-time data.
If you are looking for archived lightning data, and you didn't save
it in a local archive, you can ask other users in the community
if they might have the data in their archive (The needdata email list
which you can subscribe to is available for this type of request).

The GEMPAK decoders dcnldn and dcuspln are designed to decode data
in the formats provided on the IDD for converting the data to GEMPAK format.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Chris
>
> --
> /=====================================================\
> || Chris Gidley        Computer Systems Administrator ||
> || The STORM Project      University of Northern Iowa ||
> || WEB    : www.uni.edu/storm                         ||
> || E-MAIL : address@hidden                      ||
> || OFFICE : LAT 206B                                  ||
> || PHONE  : (319) 273-3789                            ||

Ticket ID: UVJ-856114
Department: Support GEMPAK