[GEMPAK #DUN-532559]: GEMPAK - Changing Forecast Hour Length for long simulations

Chad,

We are in the process package workshops as well as general vaction time
so this is the first I have been available to answer your question.

The GEMPAK grid time format is:
yymmdd/hhmmVhhhmm

The last 2 places (mm) for the forecast minutes place are assumed to be "00"
unless explicitly provided. Therefore only forecast times up to 999 hours can
be expressed in the Fhhh format.

The work around is to code your times as analysis/observed times, not as
forecast,
eg each resultant time would be expressed as the unique yymmdd/hhmm.

Also note, there is a compile time default in GEMPAK for the
maximum number of different times in a grid file set
as LLMXGT = 1000 in $GEMPAK/include, so that you would have to
store at most 1000 times in a file, or compile GEMPAK with
a larger value.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> I have yet to receive help or correspondence on this issue by a Unidiata
> staff member and am in need of assistance with the issue ASAP.
>
> Chad
> |  Chad J. Ringley                               |
> |  Teaching/Research Assistant                   |
> |  Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences       |
> |  North Carolina State University               |
> |  5420 Eagle Cloud Trail Apt. 104               |
> |  Raleigh, NC 27606                             |
> |  Email:   address@hidden                |
> |  Website: mesolab.meas.ncsu.edu/~cringley      |
>

> > Chad Ringley,
> >
> > Your Ticket has been received, and a Unidata staff member will review it
> > and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this new Ticket. Please
> > make sure the Ticket ID remains in the Subject: line on all correspondence
> > related to this Ticket.
> >
> >     Ticket ID: DUN-532559
> >     Subject: GEMPAK - Changing Forecast Hour Length for long simulations
> >     Department: Support GEMPAK
> >

> > Please let us know if we can be of further assistance,
> >
> > Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: DUN-532559
Department: Support GEMPAK