[GEMPAK #RUX-727661]: Ability of GEMPAK to dump/list data files in ASCII format

Massoud,

It would be helpful to know if you have generated any messages to
your dcgrib2_NAM211.log file as to why you are not finding your 211 NAM data.

A simple pqact pattern for NAM211 would be:

HDS   <tab>   ^[YZ].Q... KWBE
<tab>  PIPE  <tab> decoders/dcgrib2 -d data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_GFS.log
<tab> -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.10.2/gempak/tables

The "Q" character denotes #211, and KWBE is the disseminator for the NAM.

As for listing data as ascii, I provide a program GDCSV that will output a
function
result as comma separated values of grid point, lat/lon and data value for the
grid points
involved. Alternatively, GDLIST can be used to output data to a text file.
Set OUTPUT=F/filename to direct the output to a file.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi Steve,
>
> I wanted to give you a quick update on my status about
> converting data files in ASCII format. I recently
> installed McIDAS Lite (see link below) and was able to
> convert my satellite data (i.e., IR, VIS, and WV) to
> ASCII. Unfortunately, McIDAS Lite can only convert one
> file at a time instead of multiple files. I'm still open
> to suggestions you might have that will help me dump and
> list my satellite, radar (i.e., 1km/n0r), and model data
> files in ASCII.
>
> Also, the 80 km NAM 211 model data has never been ingested
> in my ~ldm/data/gempak/model directory since I began
> running LDM last week. Any insights? On the other hand,
> the LDM has been ingesting all model runs for 80 km GFS
> 211. I have attached my pqact.conf file if you want to
> take a look at it.
>
> Also, when you get a chance could you please look over the
> two emails I sent you on July 4? The subjects were "Re:
> [GEMPAK #GJF-269484]: ntl Error Message," and "Re: [GEMPAK
> #RUX-727661]: Ability of GEMPAK to dump/list data files in
> ASCII format."
>
> I look forward hearing from you soon. Have a great
> weekend.
>
> Massoud Fazal
> UARC Systems Teaching Institute
> NASA Ames Research Center