[GEMPAK #YVS-882657]: Question about writing a file

> Hello
>

> I am using some diagnostic functions in gempak.
>

> In GDDIAG, I can write the diagnostic variables to GEMPAK FILE FORMAT.
>

> But I want to write those variables to simple binary (or ascii ) file.
>

> Is there any method  or something ??

I provide a program GDCSV that will output a function result as comma separated
values of grid point, latlon and data value for the grid points involved.
Alternatively,
GDLIST can be used to output data to a text file.

The '//' syntax is used within a GEMPAK program to store the result of a
calculation
for reference later. In GDPLOT2, this might be:

GDPFUN = function(param)//TERMA ! funtion(param)//TERMB !
newfunction(TERMA,TERMB)

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> I also want to know some examples about using '//' syntax.

> Byoung-joo, Jung
>
> Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Yonsei University
>
> Shinchon-dong 134, seodaemun-ku, Seoul, 120-749, Republic of Korea
>
> Email :  <mailto:address@hidden> address@hidden

Ticket ID: YVS-882657
Department: Support GEMPAK