[GEMPAK #YWZ-572210]: [Fwd: make]

Chris,

MACHTYPE is an environmental variable set by Linux.
If your csh environment does not have this set, then
you have a different type of Linux environment than the
FC environment. You haven't told me what OS and
hardware you hvae, but the Gemenviron script has identified your
uname output as Linux. The test on MACHTYPE is to determine
whether you are i386 or x86_64. You can "setenv MACHTYPE `uname -m`"
if MACHTYPE is not otherwise defined in your environment before running
Gemenviron.

I test on Fedora Core linux here. NCEP builds under RHEL.
What does "uname -a" and "uname -m" return on your system?

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hello again,
> I was not able to find anything with my Gemenviron file, so I decided to
> start from scratch and try again; perphaps I messed up something in the
> install.  So I removed GEMPAK and obtained the 5.10.2 version this
> time.  I unzipped the tar file into my /home/gempak directory, and
> symlinked it right away.  I looked over Gemenviron and sourced it;
> everything looked ok, so I then went to make, using "make all >&
> make.out &" and I got the attached from make.out...
>
> I'm sure there must be something foolish that I'm missing, but I don't
> know why this refuses to work for me.
> Also to note, when I source Gemenviron (I'm in csh) it gives me
> "MACHTYPE: Undefinded variable." but I source it again and it doesn't
> complain at all...
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Chris
>
> --
> /=====================================================\
> || Chris Gidley        Computer Systems Administrator ||
> || The STORM Project      University of Northern Iowa ||
> || WEB    : www.uni.edu/storm                         ||
> || E-MAIL : address@hidden                      ||
> || OFFICE : LAT 206B                                  ||
> || PHONE  : (319) 273-3789                            ||

Ticket ID: YWZ-572210
Department: Support GEMPAK