[GEMPAK #ZQW-452180]: Storing GINI satellite products

Mike,

Your NOAAPORT ingestor should not try to wrap the GINI products
with FOS bulletin delimeters. The products that NCEP uses do not have FOS
delimeters, so GEMPAK is not expecting them. Our Unidata NOAAport ingestor
places the GINI products in the NIMAGE stream and not under the WMO (aka HRS,
IDS, DDPLUS)
streams and does not add FOS data stream delimeters.

However, given that you do have FOS delimeters being added, you can simply PIPE
your data through from the LDM through a script that uses the "tail" command
rather
than FILE'ing the data such as:
 #!/bin/csh -f

if ($#argv < 1 ) then
   echo "Usage: $0 outfile"
   cat >/dev/null
else
   cat | tail -n +3 > $1
endif

exit 0

In the above, the "-n +3" syntax is the gnu tail syntax. If you have another
version
of tail, then simply "+3" to start at line 3.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> I am trying to store the GINI images from the NOAAPort data stream using
> the LDM for use in NMAP.
>
> In my pqact file, I am using the following pattern:
>
> WMO     ^TIG([EHPW])01 KNES ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9][0-5][0-9])
> FILE    -close
> data/gempak/images/sat/GOES-\1/1km/VIS/VIS_(\2:yyyy)(\2:mm)\2_\3
>
> The pattern is storing the data in a file with the correct naming, but it
> is including two lines at the beginning of the product which NMAP does not
> like.
>
> Example:
>
> ^A^M^M
> 882^M^M
> TIGE01 KNES 101310^M^M
>
> If I manually delete the first two lines, NMAP will happily display the
> satellite imagery for me.
>
> I thought by using the ^TIG, I was searching for a product beginning with
> that line.   Is there a method in the LDM configuration to avoid the first
> two lines?
>

> Thanks for any help,
>
> Mike Nelson
> Manager of Meteorology