[GEMPAK #IVD-729691]: nexr2rhi plotting problems

> Hi
>
> I have a question regarding the program nexr2rhi. I am
> using this program to plot crossections of level II
> radar data for KOKX. My script works fine for data
> taken from NCDC, but I get a blank plot (axis, but no
> image) when I use the Unidata data. I have tried using
> GEMPAK versions 5.9.3 & 5.9.4. The decoder being used
> is version 4.1.0. Could this be a problem with the way
> the Unidata data is decoded?
>
> Thanks for your help
> Kelly

Kelly,

The Level II radar data in the Unidata IDD required no decoder to
be plotted using GEMPAK. I do not know what decoder you are using, but
modifying the data in any way may be the problem you are having.

The data from the IDD is sent from the radars using BZIP2 compression
of the individual data blocks within the file, which GEMPAK understands. The
files themselves are not zipped.

Often when you download files from NCDC, they are send gzipped for download,
which you have to gunzip before use.

If you still are unable to look at the data, please send or post a file.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: IVD-729691
Department: Support GEMPAK