GEMPAK Workshop

>I'm fairly new to GEMPAK and related software, but really need to get some
>experience and some info on getting things
>rolling.  Would the GEMPAK workshop be something that would be beneficial to me
>as a "newbie" or would I get lost in the
>more specific/advanced training?
>
>I appreciate your time and response,
>Chris

Chris,

The GEMPAK workshop will cover all aspects of the package from the very basic
on up to more advanced usage. It helps if you have some understanding of
meteorological data, a general Unix/Linux/Darwin X11 (eg, not Windows)
environment, some familiarity with a shell (csh/bash) environment, and
at least one commonly used editor (some GUI, vi, emacs, etc). The
course will cover concepts of GEMPAK by using the package to analyze realtime
and past weather data, so some system administrators that are not interested in
looking at weather are may be in a little deep. You can familiarize yourself
with the course ahead of time by following the tutorial link on the GEMPAK home
page. If you need help installing and/or configuring the package at your site,
you can contact address@hidden and we'll work on getting you
up to speed.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support