[GEMPAK #JOS-568156]: GEMPAK5.9.4 and 5.10.1

> Hi Chiz and all.
>
> Canadian RADAR FEED to UNIDATA:
>
> PELMOREX ITOPS have configured the PELMOREX LDM and FIREWALL to allow
> access from UNIDATA LDM 128.117.140.* and 128.117.156.*.
>
> Can UNIDATA please verify access for RADAR data from
> datafeed1.pelmorex.com & datafeed2.pelmorex.com? Pattern to request the
> data is: ^([A-z][A-z][A-z])([0-3][PRS]).TXT.gz.

Steve,

I've verified that we are able to connect to your LDM server and have set up a
feed to
shemp.unidata.ucar.edu along with a pqact action to unpack the files and place
in a GEMPAK
oriented directory structure for use with gdradrc.We are seeing no latency and
about 28 MB per
hour so the setup appears good.

I'll work with the setup for a bit and provide you back some details on the
setup configuration etc.

Thanks!

Steve

> If everything is OK then we can keep this access alive for a trial
> period, before we designate it "OPERATIONAL".
>
> Some considerations:
>
> [1] This weekend (SAT 31 MAR 2007 @ 0700 UTC) datafeed1.pelmorex.com
> (Toronto) will not be available for what is suggested 1-hour while a
> second UPS is being made operational.  There is no outage of
> datafeed2.pelmorex.com (Montreal) scheduled.  Good for a test.
> [2] The RADAR data type available will be CAPPI 1.5km as SNOW data.
> [3] Two sites (WKR and WNB) will also be available as a PRECIP product.
> [4] In the next few weeks MSC will switch over to providing CAPPI as
> RAIN and not SNOW.
> [5] PRECIP RADAR products for all sites will become available soon.
> [6] Documentation about how to convert between units of mm/sec and
> cm/sec to dBZ can be provided, but there isn't any public website
> available at this time.  Suggestions would be welcome.
> [7] PELMOREX have a ticket tracking system for all operational systems,
> please send questions to address@hidden.  For now messages
> concerning ldm feed to UNIDATA will be forwarded to Stephen Sinnis,
> (address@hidden).
> [8] This feed will be running in a test mode for one-month, and if
> everyone is in agreement then PELMOREX can consider this feed
> "OPERATIONAL".
>
> Please let us know what you think.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Stephen Sinnis