[GEMPAK #WNH-635538]: glitch in gempak build on CentOS x86_64 system

> > You definitely will need the developers package installed since it will
> > include the header files needed to build and link against the Motif
> > libraries.
>
> OK, i got 'em with 'yum install openmotif-devel'.  The Gempak install
> instructions don't specify needing Motif headers, but perhaps that's in
> some way implied.

Karl,

Building any C programs will require having appropriate header files, That is
what is
implied by a developer environment rather than just a runtime environment.

The option you would have is to use a binary distribution if maintaining
a development environment is not practical on your end. I build under Fedora
Core
environments using up to date kernels in both 32 and 64 bit environments.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport

> RH Linux seems to break stuff up into packageX and packageX-devel RPMs.
> 'Not sure if it's that way in the Debian world, or other linux distros.
>
> Thanks, Steve... i might have otherwise flailed for a good while longer.
>

> *----->

Ticket ID: WNH-635538
Department: Support GEMPAK