[GEMPAK #MNS-455454]: Using gempak to print out NAM

> Support:
>
> We are using GEMPAK to draw the NAM 12,24,36 and 48 hour maps.   We use
> the gridded data available from our noaaport.
> When I print out the 4 panel 12 hour increment maps, we only see one or
> two of the panels printed out.  These panels are most often the surface
> and precip panels.   What should I be looking for to determine why the
> upper air panels the 500mb and the 700 mb panels are not printing out as
> well.
>
> Thanks
>
> Harvey

Assuming that youu did in fact receive the upper air grids, they you should
check the
number of grids in your file, and make sure that you are allowing enough room
in your
file for the number of decoded fields. GDINFO will show the number of grids,
and the
maximum number of grids. GDINFO will also tell you if the fields are in your
decoded file,
and if so, then you would have to check your plotting script for possible
erroes.

Are you streaming the NOAAPORT data to the decoder? If so, make sure you
are not falling behind due to slow io or inadequate CPU to keep up.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: MNS-455454
Department: Support GEMPAK