[GEMPAK #MIA-749109]: 20000626: PUTTING LABELS ON AXES IN GEMPAK

Giovanni,

The program GPANOT has the capability of putting text at user defined locations
on a plot
with rotation:

INFO =
SIZE/FONT/WIDTH/BORDER/RELROTATION/JUSTIFICATION/HW-SW/JUSTIFICATION/ANGLE/TEXT
eg
shape = text
loci = .5;.5
info = 3/21/3/1/S//sw/C/90/test string

this will write the string "test string" at position .5;.5 screen relative,
90 degree ANGLE relative to the screen (RELROTATION is 'S').

Note that the first 7 fields match the "phelp text" settings, however
the documentation of INFO doen't mention that
the eighth ("text_string" portion can have 3 parts to it each separated by a
'/').

The first 7 fields are parsed just as "phelp text" will. The fields 8 through
10 are introduced in the
gpanot program, so it is important that you have all the fields
and use empty '//' fields where necessary to maintain the number of fields. If
you only
have 8 fields, then the text string has no rotation ANGLE.

Use the "sw" font to be able to rotate the text. HW fonts cannot be rotated.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hello Steve,
>
> How are you doing? I'm fine.
> I'm trying to add text strings (labels) to my SFGRAM plot and I found
> this email list answer below. Is there any easier way to do it?
> If not, could you send me gptext.tar.Z ?
>
> Thank you,  Giovanni
>

> ############################################
> Subject: 20000626: PUTTING LABELS ON AXES IN GEMPAKI posted this in
> ~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/contrib/gptext.tar.Z
>
> Download into $NAWIPS and unpack/install with:
>
> zcat gptext.tar.Z | tar xvf -
> cd gempak5.4/source/programs/gp/gptext
> make
> make install
> make clean
>
> Once the program is installed, you can write text (and rotate) such as:
> TITLE    = 5//Height (m)
> TEXT     = 1/21/1/sw
> POSITION = .03;.45;90
> DEVICE   = XW