[GEMPAK #OCF-687493]: 5.10.1 dcgrib2 problem

Rob,

Had to add a call to the revised GEMPAK C-wrapper routine for reading the grid
back from disk
when inserting additional tiles (The ECMWF grids are 8 to 12 sub grids that are
stiched together,
and when other parameters are intermixed in the data stream, the grids have to
be loaded back
from the grid file each time).

I'm updating the source and binary distributions now.

Sorry for the inconvenience....

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> I installed 5.10.1 and noticed problems with the ECMWF ingest, specifically
> *ecmf1.gem files which were showing very choppy grids (i.e. randomly missing
> large parts of the grid.)
>
> I put the dcgrib2 from 5.9.4 in the $GEMEXE of one of my machines, and
> today's 12Z ECMWF was converted cleanly. I looked at the output on my work
> machine (still running the regular 5.10.1) and it was showing bad data for
> the same 12Z run and the exact same .gem file size...
>
> - Rob

Ticket ID: OCF-687493
Department: Support GEMPAK