[GEMPAK #WIN-831141]: bug in gdprof for soundings at a grid point

David,

After looking at you data, I can see that the problem with missing data values
is not that they are filtered, but that the adjacent grid point (103;67) has
a surface level of 923mb whereas the point in question (102;67) is 981mb. As
a result, the interpolated location with very small roundoff when calculating
lat/lon to create the new interpolated grid, and then back to the new grid
point space
so that the magnitude of vector components can be interpolated first before
if leading to missing values at the levels above the desired grid point.
This would be the expected result if you were asking for 102.0001;67 but
since you are specifying the exact grid point location, you don't want to lose
those levels
through the new grid interpolation scheme that I provided you before.

I'll have to re-design so that the precision of the transformation does not
create this
problem.I'll let you know when I have a fix....but just fyi, the newly posted
tarfile for 10.1
has the code as I sent you previously- so this problem will still exist.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: WIN-831141
Department: Support GEMPAK