[GEMPAK #WAE-500163]: Gempak PNG satellite image

Jamie,

Make sure your script sources the GEMPAK Gemenviron file, such as:
source /home/gempak/Gemenviron

The source command in csh will load the environmental variables defined in that
Gemenviron file,
and add the executable directory containing the GEMPAK programs to your path.

The error message below indicates that your executable path does not have the
GEMEXE location
defined which leans to the GPLT program not being found. You will also need to
ensure that
your DISPLAY environmental variable is set and you have an X display which your
script can use (eg, if you are running from cron, you
may need to be running Xvfb so that the cron can talk to some display when you
are not logged in to the terminal).

Also, I can't see from your script, but make sure you do not call your script
"png" since
that would conflict with the png executable device driver. Conventionally, call
your script something.csh.

Be sure your script runs "gpend" at the end to close down the message queues
and output
your png file to disk. You may need to clean up your message queues now with
the "cleanup -c"
command if you have run your script with failures

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: WAE-500163
Department: Support GEMPAK