[GEMPAK #WAE-500163]: Gempak PNG satellite image

Jamie,

I provide a PNG device driver that works the same way the GF device
driver does. Any any GEMPAK display program such as GPMAP, use
DEVICE = png|filename|sizex;sizey instead of DEVICE = gf|filename|sizex;sizey.
You will need an X server to create the display just as the GF device does.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> I am working for a professor on a project. What I want to do is convert the
> visible satellite data that is recieved from gempak into a png image file. I
> have located a script that will create a gif from the satellite data. I'm
> going
> to assume the script form is simular. I'm not familar with gempak and I am not
> sure if it can create png images.

> Jamie Lahowetz
> Undergraduate of Meteorology
> University of Nebraska - Lincoln