[LDM #WBE-759234]: RUC questions

> Steve,
>
> Please disregard my last reply. The problem is now resolved. I had been
> attempting to view the ruc_20 fields using a special Gempak "viewer"
> (ActiveGem), and for reasons unknown to me it is simply unable to plot the
> ruc 20 km grids. The grids show up fine in NMAP2 and when I plot them using
> gdplot.
>
> David

David,

Possibly your application is not linked to current gemlib routines which I
provided since 5.9.2 to read and
write grib2 products using native packing. Have you relinked your application
to the 5.9.4 gemlib?

The alternative is to have the decoder unpack the GRIB2 products and repack
into grib1 which
is a painful CPU hit. See the "dcgrib2 -help" output regarding setting the
environmental
variable MDMETH such as "dcgrib2 -e MDMETH=MDGDEC.......etc....".

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: WBE-759234
Department: Support GEMPAK