[GEMPAK #UKJ-516469]: NSHARP

> Hello:
>
> I want to use NSHARP to plot historical sounding data. How do I
> download just a copy of NSHARP? I also need to project historical
> sounding data in the Future. We are trying to replace missing sounding
> data . Will NSHARP export projected sounding data in FSL format ?

Richard,

NSHARP is part of the GEMPAK distribution and can be obtained either
through the source code release or a binary distribution. Since NSHARP
is built upon the GEMPAK libraries, and utilizes configuration tables,
help files, and parameter configurations within GEMPAK, it
is not downloadable as a separate application.

NSHARP does not output to FSL format. It can output to an ascii
format that cab be read back into the application, or postprocessed
by your external application.

GEMPAK and NSHARP can display forecast soundings from model/gridded data,
but there is capability within NSHARP to extrapolate static
soundings to future times.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: UKJ-516469