[GEMPAK #TGZ-333198]: GEMPAK Install

> I am a newbie to Linux and I am attempting to install GEMPAK.  The
> installations instructions are not intuitive to me.
>
> When I run the gen_pqact.csh script I get an error about GEMTBL not being
> configured.  Also not sure how to "source the Gemenviron file".
>
> Can you provide any assistance?
>
> Thanks.

Bryan,

After editing the Gemenviron file (if you use csh or tcsh) type the command
source Gemenviron

You can add that command to your .cshrc file in your home directory
with the appropriate path to /home/gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron depending
on where your $NAWIPS directory is on your system.

Or, edit the Gemenviron.profile file (if you use bash or ksh) and type the
command:
. Gemenviron.profile

Add that command with the appropriate path to Gemenviron.profile to your
.bashrc or .profile
file in your home directory.

After setting the environmental variables, you will be able to run
gen_pqact.csh.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: TGZ-333198