Re: Problems decoding GRIB2 GFS Ensemble grids

Kevin and all...

I added the PD# 2 and 12 entries (eg Derived forecast based on all
ensemble members at a point in time, and Derived forecast based on all
ensemble members for
a time interval) for the gavg and gspr files as well and updated the
tables posted.

Also, for the 5.9.4 distribution, I have added a %ens% file name
template to the dcgrib2 decoder so that the individual members, average,
spread etc can
be written to individual files using a single filename pattern.  The
GEMPAK
ens_xxx() functions will enable you to compute derived and probabalistic
quantities
based on the individual members using the GDFILE={file(s)} syntax. I am
adding information to the tutorial and examples pages to illustrate
these capabilities.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support