[GEMPAK #SPK-209343]: GEMPAK / N-AWIPS Software Package

> Hello Steve,
>
> Thanks for your response below.
>
> As our guys in Argentina were tryinig to download and install the
> program
> they ran into an issue.  There is a message that reads:
>
> "This installation guide describes how to install the Unidata
> distribution of GEMPAK. There are two ways to obtain GEMPAK:
>
> Source Code distribution
>
> The source code distribution requires that you compile the code on your
> system. The source code distribution contains all tables and files
> necessary to build, and run the GEMPAK programs.
>
> Binary distribution
>
> A binary distribution contains the GEMPAK executables and only those
> tables and files necessary to run the programs. The binary distributions
> do not contain source code"
>
> We were able to find the link to the "Source Code distribution" at
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/nawips-5.9.3/source/index.j
> sp,
> however, we could not find the link to the "Binary Distribution".

Ruben,

The binary distributions available are found at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/nawips-5.9.3/binary/index.jsp

Both the current source and binary distribution download pages are linked off
the main
GEMPAK download page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/index.jsp

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> We would really appreciate you giving us a hand in finding this link.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Ruben Bolognesi
> Argentine Navy is USA

Ticket ID: SPK-209343