[GEMPAK #YNA-805788]: Ensemble data lost

Art,

I posted a linux binary for dcgrib2 that now looks for an environmental
variable ENSEXT:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/nawips-5.9.3/binary/linux/dcgrib2

The CONDUIT ensemble action can look something like:

# GRIB2 ensemble
CONDUIT    prod/gefs
           PIPE    decoders/dcgrib2 -d data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_CONDUITens.log
           -e ENSEXT=1 -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables
           data/gempak/model/ens/YYYYMMDDHH_ens.gem

If you need the updated source files instead, let me know.

The ENSEXT flag effects grib1 as well as grib2 decoding. Without Adding the
ENSEXT variable,
the default will be to not add the extension for grib2, but to add the
extension for grib1
so that the decoder will perform the same as previous. With ENSEXT=1, the
extension will be
added, any other value (eg nominally ENSEXT=0) will not add the extension.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> > Is there any way to have dcgrib2 decode/file the data as was done
> > previously, all perturbations in one file per forecast time?  We need some
> > spin-up time to transition to the new scheme.  I think the new scheme
> > probably breaks all our scripts that deal with ensemble data.
>
> I can add that to dcgrib2. The nagrib2 decoder (which has the common GEMPAK
> library decoding routines)
> has the C001, P001, etc extensions turned off, so I need to add a flag to
> dcgrib2 to ad dthose
> extensions back to save in a single file. The downside is that those new ens_
> functions that ncep
> is developing won't work, but to maintain compatibility you probably weren't
> using them anyway.
> I'll post an update to dcgrib2 tomorrow.
>

> > Arthur A. Person
> > Research Assistant, System Administrator
> > Penn State Department of Meteorology
> > email:  address@hidden, phone:  814-863-1563

Ticket ID: YNA-805788
Department: Support GEMPAK