[GEMPAK #YNA-805788]: Ensemble data lost

Art,

The data was sent.
Here is the pqact.conf line I am using:
#
# GRIB2 ensemble
CONDUIT prod/gefs\.(........)/(..)/pgrb2a/(ge.*)\.t..z\.pgrb2af(.*) !(.*)!
        PIPE    decoders/dcgrib2 -d data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_CONDUITens.log
        -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables
        data/gempak/model/ens/\3_YYYYMMDDHHfFFF.gem

I'll attach updated grib2 parameter files for $GEMTBL/grid
which contain the control and perturbation numbers:
g2varswmo2.tbl
g2varsncep1.tbl

If you had error lines in your dcgrib2 log file about parameter numbers not
being found,
then the data was arriving, but table updates are needed. If you didn't see
"prod/gefs"
strings, then check your pattern.

For dcgrib2, the pattern above will create separate files for each perturbation.
In datatype.tbl, I have:
! NCEP Global ensemble members
GEFS         $MODEL/ens                gep*_YYYYMMDDHHfFFF.gem        ...
etc....

! NCEP Global ensemble control runs
GEFC         $MODEL/ens                gec*_YYYYMMDDHHfFFF.gem        ...
etc....

Using those patterns, you can use the ENS_ functions in GEMPAK like:

GDFILE = {GEFS}
GVCORD = NONE
GLEVEL = 0
GDPFUN = ens_savg(pmsl) ! ens_ssprd(pmsl)

or another example:
GDPFUN = ens_prob(AND(GT(p06i,.01),LT(tmpc@2%hght,0)))

The {} in GDFILE allows the grid library to open each of the member files that
match the "*" in
the template. You can plot the individual members line:

GDFILE = GEFS:01 ! GEFS:02 !....! GEFS:10
GDPFUN = pmsl
TYPE = c
LINE = 30/1/1 ! 29/1/1 !.....! 21/1/1
CINT = 4

I'm currently working on adding some standard restore files for NMAP2/GDPLOT2
for the 5.9.4 release if you need some other examples.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi...
>
> Seems as though we either configured something wrong for the ensemble
> header change or else the ensemble data didn't arrive today as nothing got
> decoded this morning.  Do you know if the data was sent, and if so, what
> changes or what pqact line do I need to make it get decoded in dcgrib2?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Art
>
> Arthur A. Person
> Research Assistant, System Administrator
> Penn State Department of Meteorology
> email:  address@hidden, phone:  814-863-1563

Ticket ID: YNA-805788
Department: Support GEMPAK