[GEMPAK #WMA-940329]: Can't display surface obs on NMAP

> Steve,
>
> Thanks for your response. However...I don't think the problem is in the
> prmlst.tbl.  The reason I say this is because when I changed my METAR
> input line in the prmlst.tbl back to the original entry....I still had
> the same problem of not being able to plot surface obs on NMAP2.  I did
> find something interesting though. I tried running NMAP2 from the
> command line in the $NAWIPS/os/linux/bin directory.....and once NMAP2
> was up and running I tried to plot the surface obs. To my
> surprise...they plotted just fine. But when I start NMAP2 using
> NTL.....the surface obs won't plot.

That means that your GEMEXE, GEMTBL and other environmental variables are not
correct.
When you launch a program from NTL, it will execute $GEMEXE/program.
Either your GEMTBL is pointing to an old version's tables, or the $GEMEXE/nmap2
you are launching from ntl is not the same as you ran when cd'ing to
the bin directory.

Check your version on the NMAP2 title bar. Somewhere you have a versionitis,
possibley by having multiple versions in your $PATH variable (which can happen
if your source the Gemenviron and tack on the GEMEXE directory after
a previous invocation.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport

Steve Chiswell