[GEMPAK #TUL-228048]: error in gdinfo

Kathrin,

IU'd have to see your input to gdinfo and its output listing to know what the
GDU error is
referring to. It might be that the GFUNC isn't present to a time or specified
level.

If you want to post your decoded GEMPAK file, I'll take a look at that too.

Any information about what the temperature field is "off" would be useful.
If it is a scaling issue, eg 10**scale, then it may just be a units conversion,
otherwise, I can't say yet.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Dear Gempak support team,
>
> I am using nsharp with ERA40 datasets. I have 6 parameters (TMPK, RELH,
> geopotential hight, u wind component, v wind  component and w wind component)
> on 15 pressure level on a global grid. Nsharp seems to work perfectly. My
> only problem is the temperature. It is too cold. Much too cold. gdinfo gives
> me two error messages:
> [GDU 2]  Did not find any matching grids.
> and
> GRID ANALYSIS BLOCK:
> UNKNOWN ANALYSIS TYPE
> Could these have something to do with my cold temperatures?
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
> Kathrin Riemann

Ticket ID: TUL-228048
Department: Support GEMPAK