[GEMPAK #SFA-225882]: GEMPAK - Initial field of RUC model is all zeros

Wen-shiang,

Your pqact pattern has one problem which may be a contributing factor. The
pattern I provide
for the CONDUIT and HRS feed combination is:

HDS|CONDUIT     (KWBG.*/mRUC)
        PIPE    decoders/dcgrib2 -d data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_RUC.log
                -e GEMTBL=@GEMTBL@

Note that I do not provide a single file name, wheras you are using a file named
 gempak/hrs/YYYYMMDDHH_ruc.gem

The problem wirg your action is that there are at least 3 different  grid
projections arriving, ao that
I cannot tell what field/projection you have in your file. The others after the
first one that
is received and used to create the file will be rejected.

By using the action I provide, the $GEMTBL/grid/gribkey.tbl file will be used to
to separate the different grids into files named YYYYMMDDHH_ruc211.gem,
*_ruc236.gem
and *_ruc252.gem. Each of these file names matches a defined data set name in
$GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl.

I suspect that you have been having undetermined results for a while. When you
say all zeros,
I'm wondering if a field is "missing" simply because it is not available for
the one grid set tha
was received first when the output file was created.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Institution: University of Kansas
> Package Version: 5.9.2
> Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
> Hardware Information: Dell Power Edge 850
> Inquiry: Dear sir, I am an administrator for Linux systems in the department
> of Geography at KU.  One of our professors, Donna Tucker, reported that our
> local data from the RUC model is corrupted.   The initial field of the data
> is all zeros.  However, the fields for NAM (old eta model) seem to be OK.  I
> am wondering if you help me finding the source of the problem.  Thanks!
>
> I have two configurations for this data, and both of them failed.  They are
> copied as followed:
> #HRS|CONDUIT  (/mRUC|MT.ruc)
> #     PIPE    dcgrib2
> #             -d ../logs/dcgrib2_RUC.log
> #             -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables
> #             gempak/hrs/YYYYMMDDHH_ruc.gem
> HDS|CONDUIT   (KWBG.*/mRUC|MT.ruc)
> PIPE  dcgrib2 -d ../logs/dcgrib2_RUC.log
> -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables
> gempak/hrs/YYYYMMDDHH_ruc.gem
>
> LDM seems to receiving and storing data OK.  But the stored data, like
> 2006080222_ruc.gem, has all zero in the initial field.
>
> Thanks you for your help in advance.

Ticket ID: SFA-225882
Department: Support GEMPAK