[GEMPAK #PUL-762311]: dcgrib2 problem

Brian,

I redownloaded your file and ran:
% cat wrfprs_ruc13_03.tm00 | dcgrib2 -v 1 -d - YYYYMMDDHH_fsl.gem
There was one grid in your grib file for April 23, 2006 (aka surface hght). That
was the very last grib product in your file (either your output was appended at
that point, or your last product was coded for that date/time incorrectly).
That information comes from the PDS block of the GRIB product.

If you decoded your data to a single file, then GDATTIM=last will find that
April 23
date as the most recent in the file since it is later than the 2005 date.

If you use the file name templates as I did above, you will get 2 output files:

2005072112_fsl.gem  2006042312_fsl.gem

Now, using gdattim=last on the 2005072112_fsl.gem will July 21, 2005 f003 data.

Basically, the decoder is behaving properly, as is gdinfo. You just need to
identify the source
of your April 23, 2006 grid.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport