[GEMPAK #LYX-242958]: Problems with compiling 5.9.2 on Compaq Alpha

> Dear GEMPAK support/Gembud,
>
> I tried compiling GEMPAK version 5.9.2 on a Compaq Alpha with the OSF1
> operating system, but received errors during some cc compilations
> (specifically nanoftp.c).
> I have attached the makeall.out file for your reference.

> Regards,
> Jon

John,

The XML2 in v2.6.19 configure script does not correctly configure the IPv6 code:

To correct this, I downloaded the latest tarfile from:
ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/
You can unpack the 2.6.26 tarfile in $NAWIPS/extlibs/xml2 and
change the symbolic link in that directory for libxml2 to point to the 2.6.26
distribution.

I also found on our OSF/1 system that it helps to define CC=c89 in
$CONFIGDIR/Makeinc.osf
if you get complaints about stdint.h (eg, you don't have a fully compiant c99
compiler),

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: LYX-242958