[GEMPAK #PUL-762311]: dcgrib2 problem

Brian,

This grid size (151,987) is well within the 750,000 defined size.
The data in the file posted below is grib1, with 330 fields for
2005072112F003. I was able to decode it both with dcgrib2 as well as nagrib.
Have you tried nagrib?

I don't know what trouble you are having, so can't give you any other advice at
this time.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi Steve!
>
> I tried to use dcgrib2 on a grib file for a RUC 13 km output file and
> it doesn't seem to be working properly.  Perhaps it is the grid size
> (451 X 337)?  I'm not sure.  I have an example file that can be
> downloaded to test in http://www-frd.fsl.noaa.gov/mab/jamison/test/ .
>
> Would it be possible to get  a newer version of dcgrib2 that can
> decode this file?
>
> Please let me know.  Thanks!
>

> Brian Jamison
>

> Hi Steve!
>
> I tried to use dcgrib2 on a grib file for a RUC 13 km output file and
> it doesn't seem to be working properly.  Perhaps it is the grid size
> (451 X 337)?  I'm not sure.  I have an example file that can be
> downloaded to test in http://www-frd.fsl.noaa.gov/mab/jamison/test/ .
>
> Would it be possible to get  a newer version of dcgrib2 that can
> decode this file?
>
> Please let me know.  Thanks!
>

> Brian Jamison

Ticket ID: PUL-762311