[GEMPAK #ISX-820206]: Re: 20060621: GOES-10 > GOES-11

Hi Mike,

re: GEOS-11 becoming the operational GOES-West

> Thanks Tom,

No worries.  I guess I wasn't thinking hard enough about the impact on the
switch
from GOES-10 to GOES-11 (the McIDAS community has not seemed to have any
hiccups :-)

> I was hoping to be able to just make a link from GOES-10 to GOES-11 on my
> system, but older versions of GEMPAK do not seem to recognize or be able to
> display the GOES-11 files. In other words, the new GEMPAK5.9.2sees the
> GOES-11 directory and can display the image, while GEMPAK5.7 sees the
> directory, but can not display the image. And as a cross check I copied
> some of the images from GOES-11 to GOES-10 dir to see if GARP could plot
> them, but nope.

I will let Chiz address this.  There may be something simple you can do like
upgrade a table somewhere.

> So I guess I will need to upgrade GEMPAK on my weather image processor,
> which is more complicated than it sounds because of the hundreds of little
> scripts that will need to be tested, etc. Am I missing some other easier
> way out of this pickle?  :-)

Upgrades are a pain, of course, but they are important to keep your processing
capabilities up to date.

Ticket ID: ISX-820206
Department: Support GEMPAK