[GEMPAK #UWX-110909]: GEMPAK - Problem with nsharp program

Hi James,

The OPC added a page of parameters, and they are exceeding the length of the
string
variable they declared. I have fixed that in the attached source file xwvid3.c
for
the $GEMPAK/source/programs/gui/nsharp directory.

You can replace the file and rebuild (you said you had compiled, so I'm assuming
you want the source code fix):

cd $GEMPAK/source/programs/gui/nsharp
make clean
make all
make install
make clean

Thanks for providing the information needed to track this down!

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Institution: Dept Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, UCLA
> Package Version: GEMPAK5.9.2
> Operating System: Solaris 8
> Hardware Information: SunBlade 1500
> Inquiry: Hello.
>
> I installed the source version for GEMPAK5.9.2 today. So far, most things
> seem to run as designed. However, within nsharp, if you click on the "next
> page" button, the whole program gui disappears. The statement "segmentation
> fault" results when running the program from the "nsharp" command (no message
> starting from ntl gui, but nsharp still disappears). I've compiled more than
> once with separate downloads (same result).
>
> I don't have this problem running on version 5.8.3a.
>
> Your help on this matter is greatly appreciated.
>
> James

Ticket ID: UWX-110909
Department: Support GEMPAK