[GEMPAK #LNQ-795674]: DISPLAY set to X host

> I used the ssh -X to login to the remote server.  Shouldn't that work?
> Do I have to to modify .cshrc file?  If so how would I got about doing
> that?  Thanks.

ssh -X should create a tunnel (assuming the machine has xauth installed).
If you can open other X applications then the GEMPAK GUIs should be able to
send there displays back as well. Try something really simple such as xterm
to see if you can open that back to your host.

Also, check the output of "echo $DISPLAY". If you have sucessfully opend
an ssh tunnel, it should say something like "localhost:10". If you have
a line in your .cshrc to set your DISPLAY, it could be resetting the value
aquired from ssh. Make sure your .cshrc does not set the DISPLAY variable if it
is
already set to something (eg if ( ! $?DISPLAY ).....).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: LNQ-795674
Department: Support GEMPAK