[GEMPAK #DAU-522452]: GDTSER won't work if there are missing points

> I have a continuing problem with my CONDUIT feed where I occasionally miss
> certain forecast parameters.  I have gotten the problem to a manageable point
> by reducing the amount of data that I request, but I still get missing
> values.  This appears to be an unsolvable problem, so I have to live with it.
>
> The problem is that my forecast meteograms using gdtser don't wotk because it
> refuses to plot data when points are missing.  I had first inquired about
> this about 6 years ago, and though it had been fixed, but apparently not.  Is
> something that can be fixed?
>
> Thanks,
> Robert Mullenax
> CSBF

Robert,

the handling of the error return code from the GDTDTA call in gdtser.f just
need to be modified
to allow processing for the '-10' return. I've attached an ammended source
file. This
will be in the 5.9.2 distribution I am woprking on.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: DAU-522452
Department: Support GEMPAK