[GEMPAK #SZF-887125]: NINT doesn't work with gdpoint

> I am making some text output forecast soundings with gdpoint.  I just
> discovered the nint function which would let me get rid of all those decimals
> that gdpoint produces.  Unfortunately I discovered that using
> gfunc=nint(tmpc) for example has no effect.  Uisng nint(tmpc) in gdlist
> produces the desired result, but of course you can't do single points in
> gdlist.  Is this something that can be fixed with gdpoint?
>
> Thanks very much,
> Robert Mullenax (still in Sweden)
> CSBF

Robert,

The GDLIST program uses a FORMAT statement of F9.2, so will always show 2
decimal points.

The gdpoint.f program has a FORMAT statement (201) that is F12.5. You could
change the
precision in the format statement, or pipe the output through awk to
chop some decimal points.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: SZF-887125