[GEMPAK #KRJ-399065]: Configuring GEMPAK/NAWIPS for Local Model

> Hi Steve,
>
> Yes we are using 5.9.1, running on RedHat Linux.  "uname -a" shows
> 2.6.9-22.ELsmp for the Linux kernal.
>
> I put one of our GRIB-2 files out on an exposed web server.  Just click
> on this link to save it to your local disk:
>
> http://wems.us.wni.com/2006042815_024.gr2
>
> Thanks for your help.  By "local use section", are you referring to
> Section 2 GRIB-2 data?  We don't use the section 2 local use
> information.  We do use 1 local GRIB table for a couple of parameters
> not defined by WMO.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Brent

Brent,

I found the problem which is that the second vertical level in the product
definition
template of your data (eg gfld->ipdtmpl[12]) is contains a value of "0" for
missing,
while "255" is the expected missing value when a vertical coordinate only have
1 level
(eg, in the $GEMTBL/grid/g2vcrdwmo1.tbl table, the second column). So, there
are no matching vertical
coordinates defined. You can change your generation, or "temporarily" add some
entries
into the vertical coordinate table util that is resolved.

In my previous message, I was referring to the G2 local defined section 2,
which your grib poducts
all define as being present (with length 3), so if you aren't using that, you
should check that out.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: KRJ-399065