[GEMPAK #CSS-861578]: NMAP2 topo help

>I've done it to see topography for Brazil with gdplot2 (attached file). Great
>!!!
>In the other hand I couldn 't plot the topography with NMAP2.

Giovanni,

I looked at your topografia_bz restore file for  NMAP2, and it has ^M
characaters instead of line feeds,
so I'm wondering if that is your problem. I piped it through sed to translate
the ^M to \n
and changed the GAREA to grid (when I tested...but should be ignored anyhow).
I've
attached it back for your comparison.

The steps to display the topo and data may be somewhat specific to your data
set, but
as an example, I stepped through overlay of GFS 500mb hght and wind over
Brazilian topography. (By the way, my file had Apr 25, 00Z as the time of the
topo grid,
and I overlaid 500mb GFS data for 12Z Apr 28).

Since you want the topo color fill to be the bottom image, select the grid/topo
first.
Then, add the new overlaid fields. you will want to set the "Dominant" field to
be that of your
overlaid data (in this case the GFS), otherwise, you would be time matching
against the
topography grid (you can use GDDIAG to set the time on the TOPO gridif
necessary).
That provided the time bar of all the GFS times (I've attached an image using
the 5 minute
topo data that I tested on).

If this doesn't solve your problems, let me know....

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: CSS-861578
Department: Support GEMPAK