[GEMPAK #EWY-447859]: NMAP2 printer configuration

> Hello Steve,
>
> Thanks for the answer.
> One thing I can't understand is that some weeks ago, still using a prior
> version
> of GEMPAK (5.7.3 release) it did work to print in A3 size paper.
> The question is: is it possible that the release upgrade of Gempak changed the
> paper size print settings? Or you think the print settings might be changed in
> the print server by anyone else?
>
> Giovanni

Giovanni,

I suspect that you had a local modification since A3 has never been in the code.
Alternatively, you could awk or sed the postscript file in an output filter to
scale the page
on printing.

The routine that you would want to check in your previous version would be:
$GEMPAK/source/driver/active/ps/psopen.c

The PS prologue defines 72 points per inch. In the definition of /Letter, the
size is
/PageSize [612 792]
that equates to 8.5x11 inches.

If your version was locally modified, that would be the place to do it. This is
also where
a postprocessing script could change the output for A3 as well.

To support A2 as a tray choice, the psopen.c routine, as well as pinita.c and
psdatt.c
would need to be modified.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support