[GEMPAK #NBR-394896]: GEMPAK background color

> Hello,
>
> We (in CPTEC-INPE) would like to generate gif fields from GEMPAK
> ("Export to gif" button) with white background instead of the default
> black background.
>

> Cheers,   Giovanni

Giovanni,

When running in 16/24 bit color mode, the background of NMAP2 is set as
the blackpixelofdisplay value, so it is not configurable as compared to
running in 8 bit mode, where the background color can be set through
the 1st color in the coltbl.xwp file (or by running gpcolor with
COLORS=101=white prior to launching nmap2).

The only solution I have is to use a program ( I have used the gifsicle command
line program in the past) to change the color table in the gif image.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: NBR-394896
Department: Support GEMPAK