[GEMPAK #BLK-409481]: MARK in SNMAP

> I am trying to use MARK in the SNPARM variable in the SNMAP program.
> It always plots the MARK in the center of the station location
> instead of in position 6 where I want it.  Is there a way to specify
> the position of the MARK?
> --

Donna,

According to the SFMAP and SNMAP help pages:
     Note that wind symbols and markers are always plotted at the center.

So, there isn't a way to specify the location of MARK within the station model
plot.
The GPANOT program can be used to plot a marker at an arbitrary location if you
only
need a few locations, but not a general solution to use in the SNPARM location
model.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: BLK-409481