[GEMPAK #NNC-908291]: gdcross scripting problem

> Hello,
>
> Thank you, Steve, for helping with cleaning out the message queues. That
> worked perfectly. At this point I'm trying to write a script whereby gdcross
> will cross-section under the flight path of the aura satellite. This means
> that the track (lat/lon start and end points) need to change each day. I
> attemped to write a bourne shell script for this, but it seems to be having
> problems sourcing the Gemenviron.profile file. I'm sending a copy of the
> script and the error message below.
>
> I also tried to go back to a cshell script that was already working, and set
> COORD="25;-114>73;-142" and then tell gdcross that cxstns=$COORD, but this
> also resulted in an error. Is there a way to send if date = x, then
> coordinate data = x information into the cxstns field? I hope this all makes
> sense. For this I get the error "Input....for grid is invalid."
>
> Thanks so much for all of your help.
>
> Steven Felker
>

> [gempak@eurus NAWIPS]$ . cross.sh
> : command not found
> : No such file or directoryGemenviron.profile
> : command not found
> : command not found
> 'ash: cross.sh: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token `in
> 'ash: cross.sh: line 7: `case "$DATE" in

Steven,

The message regarding Gemenviron.profile not found means that your script
has not sucessfully sourced the configuration file, which would be
~gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron.profile, where NAWIPS is a symbolic link
to the current (GEMPAK5.9.1) distribution directory. For convenience,
it is often helpful to create a link from ~gempak/Gemenviron.profile to
~gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron.profile.

If you follow that convention, the installikng a new release is as simple
as downloading (and if a source, building) the release, and then
change the symbolic link NAWIPS to the current version.

Looking at your script, you have:
/home/gempak/NAWIPS/.Gemenviron.profile
rather than
/home/gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron.profile
so, removing that "." infront of Gemenviron, and checking the NAWIPS symbolic
link should do the trick. The command not found messages are a result of not
getting the GEMEXE
directory addded to your scripts's path.

Since the original script I sent Jennie was a "csh" script, you will
need to port the necessary shell environment pieces to your "bash" script.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: NNC-908291
Department: Support GEMPAK