[GEMPAK #TFE-467943]: GEMPAK - problem with linking to gemlib.a

Ying,

> ermmsg.o(.text+0x664): undefined reference to `css_gtim_'

You need to add cgemlib.a to your link line libraries.

The er_wmsg_ routine is calling the css_gtim function from the
cgemlib.a library.

The comment about using the gcc linker is based on how Fotran routines
can call C routines and whether the linker is looking for the "_"
character following the subroutine name. As long as your link line can
resolve the dependencies, you can use other linkers.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Institution: Washington State University
> Package Version: 5.9.1
> Operating System: linux (2.4.18-asmp) running RedHat7.2
> Hardware Information: Athlon
> Inquiry: Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile some FORTRAN programs that use Gempak library. When
> the complier tries to link to gemlib.a, it gives some undefined reference
> errors. I tried the precompiled library and also to recompile by myself using
> the given Makefile for Linux, but they all gave me the same error:
>
> /master/home/ying_xie/tools/GEMPAK5.9.1/os/linux/lib/gemlib.a(ermmsg.o): In
> function `er_mmsg_':
> ermmsg.o(.text+0x664): undefined reference to `css_gtim_'
>

> The Makefile I used to compile the Fortran program looks like:
>
> FC=pgf90
> LD=pgf90
> FFLAGS= -c -byteswapio -DLinux -O
> LDFLAGS = -lgcc -lg2c
> LDOPTIONS =
> LINKFLAGS =  -lgcc -lg2c -Bstatic
> GEMLIB = /master/home/ying_xie/tools/GEMPAK5.9.1/os/linux/lib
> LIBS=$(GEMLIB)/gemlib.a $(GEMLIB)/appl.a $(GEMLIB)/syslib.a \
> $(GEMLIB)/gemlib.a
>
> Did I miss something in my Makefile?  Or do I need to compile Gempak
> differently? I read an old email saying that if I compiled Gempak using
> gcc/g77, then I have to use that linker as well. So I added �lgcc
> �lg2c. So I added those, but still didn�t solve the problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ying

Ticket ID: TFE-467943
Department: Support GEMPAK