[GEMPAK #IWY-171372]: Re: 20050919: NWX stations

> Hello,
>
> Now I can see the METAR data in NWX but they don't appear on NMAP display even
> without filter. Th elist of statins (is the same for NWX and NMAP? If not, how
> can I display all METAR stations on NMAP?

Giovanni,

NMAP2 will display all stations when you configure the filter = 0 through "Edit
Source"
in the data selection widget in NMAP2. NMAP doesn't use a station list, but
rather
just uses the lat/lon data in the surface file that fit the displayed region.
If you are not seeing data at stations which are in the surface data file, then
check your SLAT and SLON values in your decoded data file with SFPARM=slat;slon
in SFLIST. If the values are -9999 then the station location information is not
being found in the station table being used with the decoder, and therefor NMAP2
won't know where to plot them.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Thanks,  Giovanni
>

> Quoting Unidata Support <address@hidden>:
>

> > Giovanni,
> >
> > The stations that NWX plots the red diamonds for in the METAR observation
> > selection is defined in $GEMTBL/nwx/master.tbl in the SFC_HRLY line,
> > and is sfstns.tbl by default.
> >
> > You can modify this to sfmetar_sa.tbl which is my default table for dcmetr,
> > or whatever station table you use to decode your metar data.
> >
> > Steve Chiswell
> > Unidata User Support
> >

> > >From: Giovanni Dolif Neto <address@hidden>
> >
> > >Hello,
> > >Do you know why I can't see the same METAR data at NWX as a can display in
> > NMA
> > > P2 ?
> > >In NMAP2 I can display much more data. How can I add these data to NWX?
> > >
> > >Thanks,  Giovanni
> > >
> > >--
> > >Giovanni Dolif Neto
> > >Meteorologist (Msc.) - CPTEC/INPE
> > >http://www.cptec.inpe.br
> > >Tel.: 55 - (12) 3186-8459
> > >
> > --
> > ****************************************************************************
> > Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program
> > (303)497-8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000
> > address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO 80307
> > Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support
> > NOTE: All email exchanges with Unidata User Support are recorded in the
> > Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available
> > through the web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made
> > available in this way, you must let us know in each email you send to us.
> >

> --
> Giovanni Dolif Neto
> Meteorologist (Msc.) - CPTEC/INPE
> http://www.cptec.inpe.br