[Support #DML-648002]: Importing ascii surface & upper air data into GEMPAK

>I'm following up on these instructions that you sent to Arlene Laing for
>surface data.
>
>Now we have csv files for upper air obs. Do you have a similar script
>to the csv2gem.csh you sent along, but for upper air data in csv format?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bill Bua

Bill,

I created the shell script based on the file that Arlene provided for metar.
She did not provide upper air. I have answered her question regarding upperair
files:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/getfile?file=/content/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg04554.html

Basically, you need to extract the sounding encoded pieces and wrap them with
bulletin delimeters as I did for the metar reports you had.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport

Ticket ID: DML-648002
Department: Support GEMPAK