[GEMPAK #FYS-891494]: odd problem with gdcross

Brian,

I've attached a new version of $GEMPAK/source/programs/gd/gdcross/gdxplt.f

You can replace the current source distribution gdxplt.f file, and then rebuild
your gdcross program with:

rm $GEMLIB/gdcross.a
cd $GEMPAK/source/programs/gd/gdcross
make clean
make all
make install
make clean

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Steve,
>
> That's great that you found the problem!  I would like to get the new
> source code, if you could send it to me.  For now, I'll just use the
> ijskip.
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Brian
>
> On Mar 21, 2006, at 3:56 PM, Unidata GEMPAK Support wrote:
>
> > Brian,
> >
> > The problem is an array size limitation on the number of tics being
> > drawn in the
> > terrain.
> >
> > As an immediate (eg no code change needed) fix, you can set IJSKIP=1,
> > which will
> > decrease the number of points by interpolation.
> >
> > I have fixed/improved the code and can provide you with a new binary
> > or source code
> > depending on what you need.
> >
> > Steve Chiswell
> > Unidata user Support